Areas of Practice
- Tax and Estate Planning
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Business Structures
- Master of Laws (LLM) in Tax
Osgoode Hall, York University (Toronto), 2015
- Advanced Management, Leadership and Strategy Certificate
Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba (Winnipeg), 2012
- Mediation and Arbitration Certificate, Level II
Alberta Arbirtration and Mediation Society (Edmonton), 1996
- Bachelor of Laws,
University of Alberta (Edmonton), 1993
- Bachelor of Arts
University of Manitoba (Winnipeg), 1989
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Victoria Bar Association
Kathleen A. Butler joined Dwyer Tax Law as an associate tax lawyer in September, 2018.
- Masters in Tax Law from Osgoode Hall (York University, Toronto) in 2015
- Over 15 years experience as a lawyer specializing in corporate and business law.
- Handled the negotiation of multi-million dollar contracts and the development of private-public partnerships.
- Firsthand experience with management and small business ownership.
- Executive Director handling the start-up of a provincial Commission.
- Part of the executive team that launched the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
- Represented provincial agricultural business interests in two trade missions to China.
- Kathleen spends as much time as possible around water. Her grandfather, a waterski pioneer, introduced Kathleen to the sport when she was a young girl. Kathleen was Canadian National Waterski Champion 10 times and represented Canada in international competitions, winning a silver medal at the 2006 Pan American Championships in Mexico.
- Kathleen enjoys kayaking, cycling, and generally experiencing the West Coast outdoors.
- Kathleen is married and has three grown sons, plus an adorable Yorkshire Terrier, Grace.