Blair Dwyer has volunteered with the following community organizations:
- Board of Directors, Power to Be Adventure Therapy Society, a charitable organization that provides adventure-based programs designed for youth and families in need of support (2012 to 2017). Blair continues to participate as a member of the Policy and Governance Committee, For more information on Power to Be, see www.powertobe.ca
- Estate Planning Council of Vancouver Island (Executive Member, 2004 to 2010, served term as president 2008 to 2009). www.epcvictoria.ca
- Board of Management/Directors, Mount St. Mary Hospital (2004 to 2010, chair from 2006 to 2009). www.mtstmary.victoria.bc.ca
- Trustee, Catholic Foundation of Vancouver Island (2002 to 2008).
- Board of Directors, Fernwood House (1995 to 1998).
- Board of Directors, Foundation for the University of Victoria (1995 to 2001).
Kathleen Butler has volunteered with the following community organizations.
- Leadership Victoria (2020).
- Think Local First (Victoria) (2019 to present).
- Family Business Association of Vancouver Island (2019 to present).
Autism Community Training
Dwyer Tax Law partners with Autism Community Training (“ACT”), a registered charity that provides training and education in British Columbia for families of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (“ASD”) and for professionals who work with them. Blair Dwyer is a member of ACT’s Advisory Council and wrote Chapter 10 of ACT’s on-line resource manual for parents of children with ASD, “Estate Planning for Families who have Children with Special Needs in B.C.”. For the on-line manual, click here. For video extracts from a seminar held in the fall of 2015, click here.
Dwyer Tax Law also co-sponsors ACT seminars held in the Victoria area. These seminars provide important information on current research in the autism field.
For general information about ACT, click here.