Blair Dwyer has volunteered with the following community organizations:
- Board of Directors, Power to Be Adventure Therapy Society, a charitable organization that provides adventure-based programs designed for youth and families in need of support (2012 to present). For more information, see www.powertobe.ca
- Executive Member, Estate Planning Council of Vancouver Island (2004 to 2010, served term as president 2008 to 2009). www.epcvictoria.ca
- Board of Management/Directors, Mount St. Mary Hospital (2004 to 2010, chair from 2006 to 2009). www.mtstmary.victoria.bc.ca
- Trustee, Catholic Foundation of Vancouver Island (2002 to 2008).
- Board of Directors, Fernwood House (1995 to 1998).
- Board of Directors, Foundation for the University of Victoria (1995 to 2001).
Autism Community Training
Dwyer Tax Law partners with Autism Community Training (“ACT”), a registered charity that provides training and education in British Columbia for families of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (“ASD”) and for professionals who work with them. Blair Dwyer is a member of ACT’s Advisory Council and wrote Chapter 10 of ACT’s on-line resource manual for parents of children with ASD, “Estate Planning for Families who have Children with Special Needs in B.C.”. For the on-line manual, click here. For video extracts from a seminar held in the fall of 2015, click here.
Dwyer Tax Law also co-sponsors ACT seminars held in the Victoria area. These seminars provide important information on current research in the autism field.
For general information about ACT, click here.
Mosaic Learning Society
The Mosaic Learning Society provides educational and social opportunities for youth on the autism spectrum. This includes a theater program offered in partnership with Tumbleweeds Theater. The 2016 production, Brahm and the Angel, involved three performances by 27 young actors aged 10 to 22, 14 of whom were on the autism spectrum.