Blair recently completed his 8-year term as a member of the Power To Be Governance Committee. Power To Be presented him with an appreciation paddle, which is fitting as this charity focuses on giving disabled individuals a chance to experience the wonder of the outdoors.
Blair Dwyer has volunteered with the following community organizations:
- Board of Directors, Power to Be Adventure Therapy Society, a charitable organization that provides adventure-based programs designed for youth and families in need of support (2012 to 2017). For more information on Power to Be, see www.powertobe.ca
- Estate Planning Council of Vancouver Island (Executive Member, 2004 to 2010, served term as president 2008 to 2009). www.epcvictoria.ca
- Board of Management/Directors, Mount St. Mary Hospital (2004 to 2010, chair from 2006 to 2009). www.mtstmary.victoria.bc.ca
- Trustee, Catholic Foundation of Vancouver Island (2002 to 2008).
- Board of Directors, Fernwood House (1995 to 1998).
- Board of Directors, Foundation for the University of Victoria (1995 to 2001).
Kathleen Butler has volunteered with the following community organizations.
- Leadership Victoria (2020).
- Think Local First (Victoria) (2019 to present).
- Family Business Association of Vancouver Island (2019 to present).
Autism Community Training
Dwyer Tax Law partners with Autism Community Training (“ACT”), a registered charity that provides training and education in British Columbia for families of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (“ASD”) and for professionals who work with them. Blair Dwyer is a member of ACT’s Advisory Council and wrote Chapter 10 of ACT’s on-line resource manual for parents of children with ASD, “Estate Planning for Families who have Children with Special Needs in B.C.”. For the on-line manual, click here. For video extracts from a seminar held in the fall of 2015, click here.
Dwyer Tax Law also co-sponsors ACT seminars held in the Victoria area. These seminars provide important information on current research in the autism field.
For general information about ACT, click here. For information about neurodiversity, click here.
In deference to Blair’s Cape Breton roots, Dwyer Tax Law is a regular sponsor of the Seaside Folk’nFiddle Festival. The 2023 festival will take place on the weekend of June 9 to 11. For more information about what will surely be a grand time, click here.