2018 Federal Budget Scheduled for February 27
The 2018 federal budget has been scheduled for February 27. Based on prior announcements, this budget will contain proposals to change the taxation of investment income earned by private corporations. Any investment income that is in place as of budget date is supposed to be exempt from the new rules.
As a pre-budget planning measure, many private active business corporations will likely be paying dividends to holding corporations on a daily basis leading up to the February 27 budget date.
- No Major Change to Taxation of Corporate Investment Income
- 2018 Federal Budget Scheduled for February 27
- Family Members as Part-Time Workers
- Revised Income-Splitting Rules Released
- Welcome to Rav Sidhu
- Federal Economic Statement October 24
- Pipeline still possible?
- Government Not Proceeding with Capital Gains Exemption Limitations
- The Old are Young Again
- Major Tax Changes to Private Corporation Taxation