January 15 Fix is Still in Play.
On January 15, 2016, the federal government released legislative proposals designed to fix some of the problems created by 2015 legislation on the taxation of trusts. See earlier posts from http://dwyertaxlaw.blogspot.ca/2016/01/the-way-we-were-almost.html and http://dwyertaxlaw.blogspot.ca/2016/01/a-better-sense-of-timing.html.
On October 21, 2016, the January 15 proposals were finally released as part of a budget implementation bill. This means that the fix to the 2015 legislation is that much closer to becoming law. Once the correcting legislation is passed, it will be retroactive to the start of 2016.
- Mineral Exploration Tax Credit Extended for Another Year
- Honorable Mention in National Survey of Top 5 Tax Boutiques
- January 15 Fix is Still in Play.
- Blair Dwyer welcomes Pamela Germann
- News Headlines Unfair to Red Cross
- Budget 2016: An Apple for the Teachers
- Budget 2016 and Kids’ Stuff
- Budget 2016 Update: New Anti-Avoidance Rules for Small Business Corporations
- Budget Update: Steady As She Goes For Small Businesses
- What Was Not In The Budget