Mineral Exploration Tax Credit Extended for Another Year
As has become a regular occurrence, the federal government has extended the 15% mineral exploration tax credit for another year (to March 31, 2018). The credit had been scheduled to expire on March 31, 2017.
The credit helps junior mineral exploration corporations raise capital by flowing some of their unused deductions through to investors who acquire flow-through shares. The investors can then claim the deductions against income. In many cases, the exploration corporation would have insufficient profit to make use of the deductions.
- Mineral Exploration Tax Credit Extended for Another Year
- Honorable Mention in National Survey of Top 5 Tax Boutiques
- January 15 Fix is Still in Play.
- Blair Dwyer welcomes Pamela Germann
- News Headlines Unfair to Red Cross
- Budget 2016: An Apple for the Teachers
- Budget 2016 and Kids’ Stuff
- Budget 2016 Update: New Anti-Avoidance Rules for Small Business Corporations
- Budget Update: Steady As She Goes For Small Businesses
- What Was Not In The Budget