Mineral Exploration Tax Credit Extended for Another Year
As has become a regular occurrence, the federal government has extended the 15% mineral exploration tax credit for another year (to March 31, 2018). The credit had been scheduled to expire on March 31, 2017.
The credit helps junior mineral exploration corporations raise capital by flowing some of their unused deductions through to investors who acquire flow-through shares. The investors can then claim the deductions against income. In many cases, the exploration corporation would have insufficient profit to make use of the deductions.
- Capital Gains Splitting Still Possible
- Vacation Closure: July 30 to August 6, 2018
- No Major Change to Taxation of Corporate Investment Income
- 2018 Federal Budget Scheduled for February 27
- Family Members as Part-Time Workers
- Revised Income-Splitting Rules Released
- Welcome to Rav Sidhu
- Federal Economic Statement October 24
- Pipeline still possible?
- Government Not Proceeding with Capital Gains Exemption Limitations