2018 Federal Budget Scheduled for February 27
The 2018 federal budget has been scheduled for February 27. Based on prior announcements, this budget will contain proposals to change the taxation of investment income earned by private corporations. Any investment income that is in place as of budget date is supposed to be exempt from the new rules.
As a pre-budget planning measure, many private active business corporations will likely be paying dividends to holding corporations on a daily basis leading up to the February 27 budget date.
- Top Tax Law Boutique
- Welcome to New Staff Member Iulliia (Julia)
- No more new 1% income-splitting loans
- One percent loans are back
- COVID-19 Status
- Proposed Disability Tax Credit Fee Limits
- Folk’n Fiddle Festival 2019
- Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
- Budget Season is Upon Us
- Top Ten Tax Boutique Once Again