Government Fixes 2015 Trust Taxation Issues
Early in 2015, the federal government released new legislation that created a host of problems for the taxation of certain types of trusts. New proposals released by the government on January 15, 2016 seek to fix some of these problems. Learn more about the fixes in our two recent Tax Talk articles by clicking here for the first (on taxation of capital gains within the trust vs. the estate) and here for the second (on charitable giving within trusts).
- No more new 1% income-splitting loans
- One percent loans are back
- COVID-19 Status
- Proposed Disability Tax Credit Fee Limits
- Folk’n Fiddle Festival 2019
- Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
- Budget Season is Upon Us
- Top Ten Tax Boutique Once Again
- Just under 90% of Goal Reached
- Almost Halfway to the $50,000 Goal for ACT – Autism Community Training!