January 15 Fix is Still in Play.
On January 15, 2016, the federal government released legislative proposals designed to fix some of the problems created by 2015 legislation on the taxation of trusts. See earlier posts from http://dwyertaxlaw.blogspot.ca/2016/01/the-way-we-were-almost.html and http://dwyertaxlaw.blogspot.ca/2016/01/a-better-sense-of-timing.html.
On October 21, 2016, the January 15 proposals were finally released as part of a budget implementation bill. This means that the fix to the 2015 legislation is that much closer to becoming law. Once the correcting legislation is passed, it will be retroactive to the start of 2016.
- One percent loans are back
- COVID-19 Status
- Proposed Disability Tax Credit Fee Limits
- Folk’n Fiddle Festival 2019
- Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
- Budget Season is Upon Us
- Top Ten Tax Boutique Once Again
- Just under 90% of Goal Reached
- Almost Halfway to the $50,000 Goal for ACT – Autism Community Training!
- Matching Donations of up to $50,000!