More Time to Prepare Tax Returns
Due to an incorrect notification recently released by the CRA, individuals now have until May 5, 2015 to file income tax returns: Click here to see the Globe and Mail Article.
If the CRA gives a taxpayer incorrect advice and the taxpayer relies on it to his or her detriment, the CRA taxpayer fairness program can provide administrative relief from any penalties or interest charges that result. The taxpayer must prove that the CRA gave the incorrect advice. Therefore, keep careful and detailed notes of conversations with CRA officials and, if possible, have a witness to those conversations.
The fairness program can also provide administrative relief if a taxpayer is unable to comply with filing obligations due to health issues or other circumstances that are beyond the control of the taxpayer.
- Top Tax Law Boutique
- Welcome to New Staff Member Iulliia (Julia)
- No more new 1% income-splitting loans
- One percent loans are back
- COVID-19 Status
- Proposed Disability Tax Credit Fee Limits
- Folk’n Fiddle Festival 2019
- Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
- Budget Season is Upon Us
- Top Ten Tax Boutique Once Again