Reporting Foreign Assets
The CRA requires that Canadians who hold foreign assets (even with a Canadian brokerage) with a total cost of $100,000 or more at any point in the year report those assets every year (even if they did not produce any income) on a form called a T1135. The form requires detailed information and is fairly complex. The 2015 federal budget proposes a simplification to the foreign asset reporting system in certain cases. Learn more in our Tax Talk article by clicking here.
- No more new 1% income-splitting loans
- One percent loans are back
- COVID-19 Status
- Proposed Disability Tax Credit Fee Limits
- Folk’n Fiddle Festival 2019
- Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
- Budget Season is Upon Us
- Top Ten Tax Boutique Once Again
- Just under 90% of Goal Reached
- Almost Halfway to the $50,000 Goal for ACT – Autism Community Training!