Tax Law Gets Racy? Spousal Roll-Overs
Generally speaking, transfers of property between spouses will not trigger taxes under the deemed disposition rules (read up on deemed dispositions by clicking here). This is called a “spousal roll-over” because the transferred property “rolls over” to the spouse without any immediate tax consequences. While it sounds a little racy, the term has nothing to do with other spousal activities and can be used in polite company. Learn more in our recent Tax Talk article by clicking here.
- One percent loans are back
- COVID-19 Status
- Proposed Disability Tax Credit Fee Limits
- Folk’n Fiddle Festival 2019
- Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
- Budget Season is Upon Us
- Top Ten Tax Boutique Once Again
- Just under 90% of Goal Reached
- Almost Halfway to the $50,000 Goal for ACT – Autism Community Training!
- Matching Donations of up to $50,000!