Budget 2015 and Non-Resident Employers
The 2015 federal budget will ease the administrative burden for non-resident employers who employ non-resident employees on short-term assignments in Canada. Even though these employee are exempt from Canadian income tax under a tax treaty between Canada and the employee’s home country, the employer still has to withhold Canadian tax from wages unless the employee obtains a waiver from the Canada Revenue Agency. Starting in 2016, some employees will not have to go through the waiver application process. For more information, click here.
- No more new 1% income-splitting loans
- One percent loans are back
- COVID-19 Status
- Proposed Disability Tax Credit Fee Limits
- Folk’n Fiddle Festival 2019
- Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
- Budget Season is Upon Us
- Top Ten Tax Boutique Once Again
- Just under 90% of Goal Reached
- Almost Halfway to the $50,000 Goal for ACT – Autism Community Training!