Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
On May 10, 2019, Blair presented a paper on charitable giving at a conference organized by the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia.
Blair was the second-last speaker on a long day that dealt exclusively with tax matters. In an effort to keep the audience awake, the paper illustrated tax points by referring to the classic Charles Dickens tale A Christmas Carol. For those who are interested, the paper can be viewed by clicking here.
Blair thanks Kathleen Butler for her assistance with the preparation of the paper.
- COVID-19 Status
- Proposed Disability Tax Credit Fee Limits
- Folk’n Fiddle Festival 2019
- Charitable Giving: Ebenezer Scrooge in a Taxable Canadian Context
- Budget Season is Upon Us
- Top Ten Tax Boutique Once Again
- Just under 90% of Goal Reached
- Almost Halfway to the $50,000 Goal for ACT – Autism Community Training!
- Matching Donations of up to $50,000!
- Capital Gains Splitting Still Possible